While not all clients are appropriate for online therapy, most find the ease of access and the convenience of meeting online as beneficial as in-office consultations. Online counseling has a lot of advantages, including:
- Seeing a therapist online saves you a lot of time. A 55-minute session actually takes, 55 minutes, because you don’t have to drive to the office, find a spot to park, then drive home or back to work.
- Online therapy offers you the convenience of working from your home or office (anywhere you have a good internet connection and privacy). You can meet with me at your lunch break, while your baby naps, before your roommate gets home…whenever it works best for you.
- Tele-mental health service allows you to stay consistent with your therapy, even when work or play requires you to travel.
- Online therapy means more choices of therapists who are right for you. Even if you don’t live nearby, as long as you are a resident of California, you can work with me – no driving all over to get your needs met!
- Online counseling offers an extra degree of privacy. As a therapist I think everyone benefits from this work, but that doesn’t mean you want to broadcast that you are seeking help. By using online therapy on a secure video platform, you assure that you won’t run into your neighbor in the waiting room or the parking lot, no one will see you coming and going from my office, and you won’t feel awkward because you ran into me at the grocery store (yes, that’s where I always run into clients). Any therapist can tell you that we won’t even say hi unless you do if we see you in public, but a lot of clients find it off-putting to see their therapist “out in the world”.
Online therapy eliminates many of the obstacles to you getting the results you want, and most clients find it at least as effective as face-to-face consultations. Online therapy DOES work!
Still not sure? Schedule a 15 minute “meet your therapist” video consultation on my secure, HIPPA compliant platform.
A Balanced Approach now offers Telehealth!
Convenient, confidential and effective!
Are you a California resident wondering if therapy is right for you? Get in touch with me for a no-cost 15 minute video consult here:
15 Minute Telehealth Consult